Nelson Associates, a well-established multidisciplinary design firm in Clinton, NY, is seeking a talented Senior Architect/Project Manager to join the firm’s management team. Nelson Associates offers an employee friendly work environment with a strong sense of mission and vision. The candidate will be responsible for architectural design and will oversee the preparation of construction documents for buildings of various occupancies and specialty structures. The candidate must possess the technical ability to work independently on projects from schematic design through the construction phase with minimal guidance. For the right candidate, this is a great opportunity for career advancement and potential firm ownership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• This is a full-time position.
• Will have leadership of a production team, which would involve creating a conceptual design package, revising the design per client feedback, and formulating a complete set of construction documents.
• Must have at least 10 years of experience in a production environment with experience in architectural management concepts and workflows, and an understanding of structural and MEP systems.
• Must have extensive knowledge of building and permit processes.
• Will train and oversee associates and conduct performance reviews.
• Must have experience in commercial and institutional projects.
• Will manage deadlines and budgets while managing excellence in design.
• Will coordinate with team members, contractors, clients, fellow team members, and building officials.
• Will perform construction administration functions including the review of shop drawings and interpretation of construction documents.
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects, and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Architecture Degree or Master of Architecture Degree.
• Minimum (10) years’ experience as practicing architect.
• (10) years’ experience in architectural management.
• Working knowledge of standard construction practices and the International Building Code, NFPA, ADA, etc.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team member interacting with architects, owners, contractors, and coworkers.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
• Working knowledge of Revit, etc. is a plus.
• New York Architecture Registration (RA) license is required.
• Medical and Dental Insurance Allowance
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Personal Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Continuing Education Reimbursement
• Excellent Working Conditions
• Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Please email letters of interest and resumes to Kathleen Putney, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelson Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Kathleen Putney at: email@example.com